If you are longing for a travel experience you will remember forever following the difficult year behind us, you are not alone. We have an exclusive opportunity to do some incredible scientific research with Leatherback Sea Turtles in Costa Rica from May 25th to June 1st!
Activities will include:
- Night patrol of beaches looking for Leatherback eggs to bring back to the hatchery so they are not poached
- Taking vitals and measurements of newborn baby Leatherbacks and escorting them safely back to the ocean
- Beach clean-ups along the coastline
- Sewing damaged Leatherback nests
- Analyzing Leatherback nests for signs of disease or infection
- Working in the Leatherback hatchery to ensure the eggs are kept at proper temperatures
- There will be three different educational programs as well on Turtle Conservation & Threats, Turtle Ecology, and Turtle Biology
You'll also be able to enjoy the beautiful remote beach during the day time. And since we are deep in the Caribbean wilderness, you'll see plenty of wild sloths, monkeys, and caymans as well!
The total cost of this trip is $1,250. This includes all transportation in Costa Rica, accommodations, and food. LAST is providing freshly made Costa Rican cuisine, completely vegetarian, throughout the trip. This does not include your airfare - you are responsible for that on your own.
To ensure safety of all guests, we are requiring all travelers to have either proof of a COVID vaccination OR proof of a negative COVID test one day prior to departure
THERE ARE ONLY 20 SLOTS AVAILABLE. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SO RESERVE YOUR SLOT HERE TODAY!